Mattress Cleaning Tips
An indispensable part of owning and investing in the right mattress is to know how to clean it and various cleaning services available around you. A mattress can determine if your sleep through the night is comfortable and peaceful. It helps you get a good 7-8 hours of sleep without disturbances. It is necessary to have a clean bed free from bed bugs, bacteria, and germs. A hygienic sleeping environment is essential for better sleep, which will affect your regular productivity. To have a clean mattress, you need to maintain it by cleaning it at least once in 6 months-1 year.
DIY Mattress Cleaning
- Collect all your mattress cleaning supplies like a vacuum cleaner, baking soda, laundry detergent, cold water, cleaning cloth, and a block of dish soap or an enzyme cleaner.
- Please put all of the bedding in the washing machine and spin it in hot water. Washing will help get rid of all the dust mites.
- Vacuum the mattress and bed thoroughly. Make sure you run the vacuum on the corners and crevices.
- Use a stain remover to remove the stains on the mattress. Do not wet the memory foam. Use an enzyme detergent to clean all the biological stains.
- Next, you can sprinkle baking soda on the entire mattress if you don’t get sunlight and leave it for a few hours. Baking soda absorbs all the moisture and makes the mattress odor-free.
- Vacuum the mattress again.
- Flip the mattress and repeat the above steps.
A human being spends one-third of their life sleeping on a mattress. Therefore, it is crucial to have a healthy sleeping environment on a fresh bed. DIY cleaning may not be as thorough as professional cleaning. There are plenty of maid services available that can come to your place, charge a nominal amount, and clean your mattress or the house, according to the services you demand.
Benefits of Professional Cleaning
- They will vacuum, deodorize, remove stains, and dry clean your mattress. According to the services you request, you can also get housekeeping services.
- Professional services can also decrease the side effects that from dealing with asthma and allergies. They deep clean the mattress and get rid of the minutest dust and dirt particles.
- Professional cleaning deodorization will also remove strong smells like urine, body fluids, and blood.
- A thorough cleaning also extends the life and quality of your mattress. It keeps it smooth and comfortable.
When you have guests coming to your vacation rental property, you will need to make the sure the home is comfortable and beautiful for them. The time duration you have between another guest coming after the staying guest leaves is significantly less. Due to the amount of time they’re there being short, the mattress can neglected. The best option is to hire a cleaning company that specializes in vacation rental cleaning services to get the property cleaned thoroughly and efficiently. Proper care will impress the guests and maximize your profit.
The mattress is part of what makes the guests stay comfortable. Good quality sleep leads to a fresher morning and better travels. Cleaning the vacation rental also helps improve the air quality and ventilation in the home. It can make guests feel at home, and they will be more likely to give you a great rating on cleanliness.
There are various green cleaning services available that believe in ecological ways of cleaning the mattress and other areas of the home while doing there part to protect our Earth. They believe in using environment- friendly methods that make you and your family sleep better.
Benefits of Green Cleaning
- Green cleaning services ensure the usage of biological products that keep the chemicals and toxins away from your bed and home. There is a risk of triggering an asthma attack when an individual uses harsh chemical products for the cleaning of their mattress. It can also result in skin diseases and impure air quality. There is no strong chemical odor around, green clean can safeguard your health.
- The safer cleaning products remove the toxicity from the cleaning regime, and you get a fresher sleeping environment. Regular cleaning products can cause chemical burns to your eyes and nose, which is harmful in the long run. Green products are free from those chemicals.
- Green cleaning helps you, not just in making the mattress safer, but also the environment healthier. They help make our airways and waterways purer by reducing pollution. The waste released in nature gets reduced, which protects the people around you too.
- The green initiative is improved and cheaper for individuals and companies. It saves your money and helps companies reduce the number of sick day leaves they give. If the right cleaning products are used, the employees will fall less ill and cause a decline in sick days. Green products are a long-term investment and the only right way to sustain a long life.
Airbnb Mattress Cleaning
When you own a Airbnb and host guests, you ensure that the living circumstances are up to the mark. The most crucial aspect of any Airbnb is the sleeping condition and mattress it provides. Usually travelers choose Airbnbs based on the location while traveling, unhygienic beds can be a hit or miss depending on the preference of the guest. It would be best if you made sure of the hygiene level and sanitation.
Airbnb cleaning can be done by professionals or by the owner. It’s always better if a professional cleans it. Cleaning professionals make sure the property is thoroughly cleaned and assures the visitors that the owner cares about their needs. To protect the cleaned mattress, you can always use a waterproof mattress cover or mattress pad.
If you DIY the cleaning process, then you can follow the steps mentioned above. Always use a bedding cleaner to sanitize and disinfect the bedding and mattress regularly. In the case of bed bugs, get an exterminator because it is hard to get rid of them. You can also change the mattress. Use hypoallergenic covers, which prevent insects and mites from getting through.
If you live in Atlanta and are looking for cleaning services that are efficient, ecological, trustworthy, and cost-effective, you should contact the cleaning professionals at Clean Corp.
Cleaning a mattress requires patience and time, which most of us lack due to our busy lives. Therefore, it is best to contact a professional cleaning service and leave behind all our worries. Experts recommend 7-8 hours of sleep for a healthy life. Sleep should never be compromised, and most mattress cleaning services prioritize your sleeping needs. Sleep well!
You can also check an interesting article on the best mattress in a box which will help you improve your sleep.